This year’s dress rehearsal will be held on May 15, 16, and 18. Performances will be on May 20 and 21. All rehearsals and performances will be held at Barrington High School.
Please read the following recital procedures carefully. Make sure to open the recital
schedule, which details the rehearsal and performance times for each class. Take note
of the show/shows your dancer will be in. Each show lasts about 1 hour and 15 minutes, except for the 7 p.m. Saturday show which is about 2 hours long.
If you have any questions please call the office, (847) 342-1060 or email us.
– Jeanette and Laura
Photo by Kelly Stachura Photography
Welcome to our Day of Dance!
Recital is an opportunity for each of our dancers to perform what they have been learning all year in their classes for their family and friends. This year’s Day of Dance rehearsals and recital performance will take place May 15, 16, 18, 20, and 21 at Barrington High School.
Review the schedule to determine rehearsal time and performance time. All rehearsals and performances take place at Barrington High School, 616 West Main St. in Barrington.
Click here for the full rehearsal and performance schedule.
Only one adult per dancer will be permitted in the theater during rehearsal. NO SIBLINGS (including dancers) are allowed in the theater during rehearsals. Siblings who are rehearsing on the same day may report to a monitored waiting area in the dressing rooms until their scheduled rehearsal time. Please make babysitting arrangements for your other children.
Keeping on Time at Rehearsal:
We try to stay on schedule, but due to the nature of the rehearsal and unforeseen challenges, we may be thrown off schedule. You can help by arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled rehearsal time. We appreciate your patience – it pays off at the show!
Video/Photography Guidelines for Rehearsal and the Performance:
Video recording (camera or cell phone) and flash photography are NOT permitted during Recital. You may record the rehearsal; however, flash is never permitted. A professional videographer will be recording all 6 shows. When you registered for session 2, you paid for a link to all 6 shows! The links will be distributed via email shortly after the recital weekend. There will be NO DVD sales.
Recital ticket orders will be handled online through a third party, TutuTix.com.
1. Tickets are $18, plus processing and handling. All sales are final.
2. Tickets will be available for purchase online through TutuTix beginning at 9
a.m., Wednesday, April 5. The link will be posted to our website, on the Recital Tickets page.
3. There is a limit of 6 tickets per family, per show. If there are any unsold tickets as of April 25, you may purchase additional tickets. Ticket prices increase after May 19.
4. Shows do sell out. If any tickets are still available on the day of the performance, they will be available for purchase through a QR code at the theater door. Cash payments will not be allowed.
Costumes will be distributed in April, more details to follow. To receive a costume, accounts must be in good standing and outstanding balances must be paid in full.
When you receive the costume:
1. The teachers will explain how their costume and hair is to be worn for
2. Take inventory to make sure all pieces are there and keep them out of reach from your child. We cannot order any other costumes or accessories at this late date.
3. Try on the costume as soon as you get it to make sure it fits. Even though we take measurements, the costumes sometimes run small or large. If there is a problem with the costume’s fit, let the teacher or office know ASAP.
4. Do not allow your child to play in their costumes.
Picture Day is Sunday, May 7, and will be held at the Studio. See the Picture Day page on our website to pre-order your photos and book your time slot online. We will not be doing class photos. If you want to create a group you may do so in a time slot. Picture Day is an opportunity to have professional photos of your dancer in costume. Dancers should arrive in costume. If you are doing more than one photo
slot please allow enough time in between slots for your child to change into their other costumes.
Photos by Kelly Stachura Photography